For our partner Holland and Ai, a Dutch start-up specialized in informative, small-scale Chinese walking tours of high quality, we are looking for enthusiastic Chinese-speaking candidates who want to strengthen the team as a tour guide! Are you fluent in Mandarin Chinese or are you a learner? Would you like to earn a salary while you can practice this skill? Then this position is for you!
ABOUT HOLLAND AND AI
Holland and Ai is a Dutch start-up specialized in high-quality, informative, small-scale Chinese walking tours. These tours take place in and around Amsterdam and go along typical Dutch highlights such as the Amsterdam canals or the Zaanse Schans. Holland an Ai's mission is to show Chinese-speaking tourists the most beautiful places in (the surroundings of) Amsterdam while being guided around in small groups by Chinese-speaking locals. For example, they have a “Food & Drinks” tour and an “Informative Must-See” tour.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Before you start, you will receive training to prepare you well for facilitating tours so that you become a fully-fledged guide. You are responsible for facilitating different types of tours for a maximum of 10 people. You take the participants to the most beautiful places in Amsterdam and beyond and share your knowledge about the sights, tell stories about their history, answer questions and give tips that only locals know. Of course you are responsible for a group of people and it is important that the participants have a fun, informative and relaxed experience.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible and communicative candidates who speak Chinese and enjoy giving a group of people an unforgettable day. In addition:
- You have an interest in and knowledge of Dutch history, culture and society;
- You speak Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese) at least level A2 (according to CEFR framework);
- Fluent English and Dutch is an advantage;
- You enjoy standing in front of a group and sharing your knowledge;
- You have a great sense of responsibility and can take a group under your care;
- You easily absorb new information, take initiative and are socially competent;
- You are available between 8 and 16 hours a week;
- Tuesday - Sunday;
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A challenging position in a growing start-up;
- An opportunity to practice your Chinese language skills;
- Various career opportunities;
- For example Coordinator, where you plan and work in new guides;
- Various trainings;
- Flexible planning based on your availability;
- A competitive salary;
- Hourly bonus from Jopp;
If you have any questions, please reach out via Whatsapp or call 0294-240023.
- Apply with your resume;
- Telephone introduction;
- Interview @ Jopp;
- Interview @ Holland and Ai;
*** Due to the coronavirus, we cannot guarantee a start date ***