For our partner Adyen, a large international financial institution, we are looking for students who would like to gain experience in a dynamic, agile company, which operates in a heavily regulated industry. We are looking for master's students who can challenge convention and safeguard the innovation that makes them the world's leading payments platform.
Adyen is a global payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen has more than 3,500 customers and is listed on the stock exchange Euronext. Speed is the foundation of Adyen: Think fast, work fast, launch fast. At Adyen, clients’ demands shape the development path, and they don't stop until the job is done. Create your own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth with no hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in the vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is Adyen: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Operational Support team exists of bachelor students from various study backgrounds and nationalities. This team is considered to be Adyen's first point of contact where you will offer first line support to merchants worldwide, answer in-depth merchant requests about the Adyen platform and provide necessary guidance. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams and departments, such as Technical Support, Account Management, Underwriting and Sales. Extensive payments knowledge, a thorough technical understanding of the platform and a pro-active attitude towards helping merchants is what characterizes the team. The local teams in Amsterdam and Singapore are supporting merchants 24/7 via phone and email, preferably in the mother language of the merchant (f.e. French, German, Italian, Cantonese, Dutch and English).
This team is extremely merchant-focused, operates in a fast pace environment and consists of highly motivated team members who serve as payment specialists for new merchants during the starting phase of their life with Adyen. You will actively help them to optimize their account and grow their business by utilizing the features of the platform. You'll help optimize and automate processes with a strong focus on scalability.
Being on the forefront of Adyen means that you’re not only informing the merchants from a business or technical perspective, but also have the opportunity to get a good understanding of their challenges and needs. You will be encouraged to share your ideas on how Adyen can innovate or improve the business and you will take part in different teams from the merchant's perspective. You will be an internal product advocate, track product processes and contribute to the platform feeding back feedback and issues you get back from merchants.
WHO ARE YOU?
Adyen’s success depends on qualities outlined in the Adyen Formula – examples of this include valuing teamwork over ego, the ability to communicate effectively and directly, and aid in maintaining our speed. Your 'Formula-fit' is the primary selection criteria for the Operational Support team. Furthermore:
- You are a bachelor student;
- You understand you'll be working with confidential data and will act accordingly;
- You have a great sense of responsibility and take ownership for your work;
- You are proactive, curious, socially competent and not afraid to speak up;
- You are innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and get a sense of achievement from solving a problem;
- You are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly, while dealing with many varied technical requests and challenges;
- You have strong communication skills and are eager the challenge the status quo;
- You will actively seek the answers of what you don’t know;
- You can speak and write English fluently;
- Preferably, you speak and write at least 2/6 support languages fluently;
You are available for at least two shifts per week, of which at least one during a weekday. The team is operational seven days per week. There are two shifts per day in Amsterdam.
- From 8.00 am till 4.30 pm;
- From 4.00 pm till 1.00 am.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- An opportunity to work at a unicorn company as a student;
- Opportunities to grow within Adyen;
- Various trainings;
- A competitive salary;
- 150% surcharges after 18:00 and during weekends;
- Hourly bonus by Jopp;
- Travel expenses covered after 10km;
- Free lunch on the weekend;
- Possibility to work parttime or fulltime.
If you have questions about this project, you can send us a message on Whatsapp or give us a call on 020-2101322.
- Apply with your resume;
- Phone screening & motivational letter;
- Interview @ Jopp;
- Interview(s) @ Adyen;
At this point in time (August 25, 2020) we are evaluating the current need for all bachelor position teams. You can still apply, but we cannot guarantee availability.
*** Due to the coronavirus your application process will be delayed. We ask for your understanding ***