For our partner Adyen, a large international financial institution, we are looking for master’s students with knowledge of programming and scripting languages who would like to gain experience in a dynamic, agile company, which operates in a heavily regulated industry. We are looking for master's students who can challenge convention and safeguard the innovation that makes them the world's leading payments platform.
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify. Speed is at the foundation of Adyen: Think fast, work fast, launch fast. At Adyen, clients’ demands shape the development path, and Adyen doesn't stop until the job is done. Create your own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth with no hierarchy, egos or boundaries.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Adyen was built on fresh ideas and we need a constant stream of them to maintain our momentum. NextGen is the opportunity for soon to be or current master students who are ready to revolutionize the world of payments. You’ll be learning from some of the brightest minds in tech and we’d like you to stick around afterwards and join Adyen fulltime.
As part of Technical NextGen, we want you to bring your own perspective to the table and help build smart solutions and improve the way Adyen’ grows its business. You’ll be supporting across various teams and help develop and implement various technical solutions like automations of manual processes or leverage existing technology with customized enhancements to provide a solution.
In NextGen, you will create your own path. To help you figure out yours, Adyen will give you freedom and responsibility from day one to find your impact sweet spot. We're looking for proactive students who want to revolutionize the payments industry - which means taking ownership and working with your colleagues to turn ideas into instant reality.
Start your own projects, find problems to fix and be able to make an impact. Adyen is open for feedback and new ideas, so if you have an idea and want to run with it this is your chance!
WHO ARE YOU?
Adyen’s success depends on qualities outlined in the Adyen Formula – examples of this include valuing teamwork over ego, the ability to communicate effectively and directly, and aid in maintaining our speed. 'Formula-fit' is the primary selection criteria for Technical NextGen. Furthermore:
- You are a master's student and will graduate within 12 months;
- You are willing to work as a NextGen'er for at least 4 months;
- You have the ambition to grow into a permanent, full-time position at Adyen;
- You are willing to come to the office once a week, maximum travel time 1.5 hours one way;
- You are goal-oriented and love all aspects of the full-stack development life cycle;
- You are equipped to work with (most) of the following programming languages:
- You are proactive, curious, socially competent and not afraid to speak up;
- You’re outgoing, friendly, and fun;
- You can speak and write fluently in English;
- You are available at least 16 hours per week, but preferably more;
- Monday till Friday between 09:00 - 17:00.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- An opportunity to work at a unicorn company as a student;
- Kickstart your career and grow within Adyen;
- A great team with fellow NextGen students;
- Flexible planning based on your availability;
- A competitive salary;
- Hourly bonus by Jopp;
- Travel expenses covered after 10km;
- Free lunch on the weekend;
If you have questions about this project, you can send us a message on Whatsapp or give us a call on 020-2101322.
- Apply with your resume;
- Phone screening & motivational letter;
- Interview @ Jopp;
- Interview(s) @ Adyen;
There is limited availability for this position. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.